Lung cancer is the word that can strike fear for many people. You may feel devastated when being diagnosed with lung cancers. Not only yourself, your family and friends might be too. In this article, we are going to give information and advice on lung cancers.
Discover possible symptoms of lung cancer and see a doctor. To be keep in mind, these symptoms can also be caused by other medical conditions.
1. Cough that will not go away
You may often cough. It could be worse at different times of the day. The cough can be:
• Be more painful
• Has a different voice
• Bring colored mucus or phlegm
• Be breathless
You can be out of breath doing the things you do without problems.
2. Coughing blood
This can be a small amount of blood. You can cough up a rusty heart (spit). Or your spit may have red spots in it. It is more unusual to cough a greater amount of blood. But see your doctor immediately if this happens.
3. Pain or chest pain or shoulder pain
You may have pain in your chest or shoulders. Can become a dull or harder pain.
4. Loss of appetite
You may have lost your appetite or you may not want to eat foods you normally like.
5. Lose weight
You can lose a lot of weight quickly when you are not on a diet.
6. Feeling very tired (tired)
You may feel very bored with time.
7. Chest infection is ongoing
You may have chest infections most of the time. Or you can have a chest infection that does not improve with its treatment.
8. Symptoms associated with hormones
Some types of lung cancer cells produce hormones that enter the bloodstream. This hormone can cause symptoms that seem unrelated to lung cancer. Doctors call them paraneoplastic syndrome.
These hormonal symptoms may include:
• Pin and needle or numbness in fingers or toes
• Muscle weakness
• Drowsy, weak, dizzy and confused
• Breasts swell in men
• Blood clots
Lung cancer that grows right at the top of the lung is called pancreatic cancer. These tumors cause very specific symptoms. The most common symptoms are severe shoulder pain, or pain that passes through the arm.
This tumor may show symptoms that are often called Horner Syndrome:
• Drooping or weakness of the eyelid
• Small pupils in the same eye
• Losing sweating on one side of the face
Symptoms of Horner syndrome are caused by tumors that suppress or damage the nerves that extend from the neck to the side of the face.
Pulmonary changes that occur in x-rays
Sometimes doctors may find some unusual changes to your chest x-ray. Doctors may arrange for radiographs for symptoms.X-ray changes in the chest do not always mean you have lung cancer. There may be causes, such as infection. But doctors can set up other tests to better investigate the changes.
When to see a doctor
You should consult a doctor if:
• Out of breath you do the things you do without any problems
• Have blood in the liver (sputum) or cough up blood
• Got a cough that’s there most of the time or has changed
• I feel tired all the time
• You have lost your appetite or lost weight
• Pain in the chest or shoulders
• Have an ongoing chest infection or a chest infection that does not improve
This symptom is not possible because of cancer, but it is important to be examined by a doctor.
Risk and causes of lung cancers
Read about the causes of lung cancer, including lifestyle factors and other medical conditions. And find out what you can do to reduce your risk. Anything that increases the risk of getting a disease is called a risk factor. Different diseases have different risk factors. Some risk factors increase the risk of lung cancer. But having one of these risk factors does not mean you will definitely have cancer.
• Smoking: one of the most common causes of lung cancers
• Air pollution
• Radon exposure
• Asbestos exposure: Asbestos can cause lung cancers (asbestoswatchperth.com.au). If you are unsure that your house has asbestos, you should get an asbestos testing Perth service. By getting an asbestos testing service, you are saving your family from this danger.
• Previous lung disease
• Family history
• Chemical and workplace risks
You are better able to handle and make decisions if you have information about the type of cancer and how you treat it. Information also helps you know what to expect.
Taking information can be difficult at first. Make a list of questions before seeing your doctor. Ask someone to remember what you want to ask and help to remember the answer.
Ask your doctor and nurse to explain things if necessary. Remember that you do not have to order everything all at once. It may take some time to resolve any issues. Ask for help if you need it.
Treatment causes side effects. It may be mild or severe. Tell your doctor or nurse if you have any side effects or if it worsens. They can handle them and help you find ways to deal with them.
Hello my name is Rebbeca and I love my house because my home different with other. There is my family, husband, and my daugther. We always happy, and i likes too write about home, because i have dream house for my family, maybe classic house design for me.